The Monmouth Turnbull Funeral home, with the front porch still intact.
In 1924, the family found that expansion was necessary to continue living in the funeral home, so the current north section of the building was added. This separated the residence from the business and offered a modern establishment solely for the purpose of conducting funeral services.
In 1974, the west room was added outward to the Main Street sidewalk to afford more space and better facilities. Also at this time, the canopy was added to the East side of the building.
The building has evolved through many phases, based on the needs of the many generations served over the past 118 years. It is hoped that the building will continue to afford a comfortable and meaningful environment for today's families as they deal with their loss.